Saturday, December 11, 2010

Synecdoche, New York

Recently, I was about to actually sit down and watch a movie  by myself. I finished the bulk of my finals for his semester and I deem myself worthy of a film. Let me tell you first off that this movie is depressing, perhaps a better word for it may be "existential". It really does beg the question "why are we here?" but in the end, I suppose that is the only answer.

The movie I am slowly revealing to you is Synecdoche, New York. I don't want to spoil much of the film because I feel like its the kind of movie where each and every one of us will take a different part of the film and claim it as our own. 

If you're even mildly interested in watching this film then please don't hesitate to ask me. Ever since the first viewing, I've made plans to see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment